Thursday, August 14, 2008

Transcendence

I have joined facebook and brother, can you spend (waste?) a lot of time on there.

But through a Fan Group/Discussion Board, I found this clip.



It's from the Peter Sellars production of Theodora that was done at Glyndebourne about ten years ago.

I don't even want to say anything about it. There is such purity here, such clarity, such ecstatic abandon, such transcendence.

Oops, now I am writing stuff when you should all just be listening and watching.

Try not to weep. I dare you.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I was driving home to Boston from seeing a performance out of town when one of the Boston radio stations announced her passing. Friends and I had been at Symphony for the Neruda songs and she looked so radiantly beautiful and sounded so incredible that we all thought the treatments had worked and she was free of it. I had to pull over for a couple of minutes. An amazing and rare artist.

March 20, 2009 at 5:16 AM  
Blogger deraz said...

خدمات دبى – الروضة
تركيب ارضيات خشب دبي
كهربائي منازل دبى

March 6, 2021 at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home